Monday, February 09, 2009

hope.

Four candles in a dark room burn slowly. The ambience was soft, so soft you could hear their thoughts.

The first one said: “I am Peace. However, nobody can keep me lit. I believe I will go out.” Its flame rapidly diminishes and goes out completely.

The second one says: “I am Faith. Most of all, I am no longer indispensable, so it doesn’t make sense that I stay lit.” When it finished talking, a soft breeze blew on it, putting it out.

Sadly, the third candle spoke in its turn: “I am Love. I haven’t got the strength to stay lit. People put me aside and don’t understand my importance. They even forget to love those who are nearest to them.” And waiting no longer, it flickers and dies.

Suddenly, a child enters the room and sees three candles not burning. “Why are you not burning? You are supposed to stay lit till the end.” Saying this, the child begins to sob.

Then the fourth candle said: “Don’t be afraid. While I am still burning, we can relight the other candles, for I am Hope!”

With shining eyes, the child took the candle of hope and lit the other candles.

Even when you seem to lose all else, always keep the flame of hope burning within you.

No comments: